Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ride the Lightning

No not the electric chair, actually riding a bike again. While the rest of the cycling world was busy building base miles I was busy making turns, now comes the fun part. How many weeks before I don't get dropped on the Roadie Tuesday group ride? Well the count is 1 & 1. There are a few bright spots though, first one is I don't care as much these days as I used to, dunno why, but its not the end all beat all score sheet of my world as it once was. It may take until september, but I'll get there eventually. The second one is even brighter, by watching what I eat and trying to eat better food I'm headed into spring already below 180 pounds, that in itself is a small miracle. Normally at this time of year I'm just three LBS shy of what I refer to as "the FATBOY club" (200+), so my psuedo diet is going quite well thank you. Oh yeah, ever get that ANNOYING creak during a MTB ride and you just can't find the cause? Well its been officially twice now, ANOTHER broken pivot axle on the Blur. That means I've managed to snap all four of them at one time or another, hey Titanium is light and sexy, however, in its application here I could live with chunky and durable steel. SANTA CRUZ has been very good about getting me the repair parts F.O.C. and I get to learn basic bike mechanics...win/win. Winter seems far removed already cause its 80 degrees in April, I better get my snowboard out of the truck and put away now. :(

No comments: