Friday, April 09, 2010

Thats COLD!

Well I chased winter anyway, above is union bowl at Copper. (HOLY SH*T)I dropped off a small cliff and cratered into 5 feet of powder, had a little trouble extracting myself on that one. No injuries to speak of, except that I got stuck for a week in Colorado on business (no really I did) with exactly two changes of clothes. That means I got to be on the slopes during GAPER day. This is the day that Colorado locals harass and annoy everyone from out of state, so I tried to blend in as best I could. To be honest I am ready for warmer weather now, it snowed ALOT everyday I was there, so much in fact I-70 was closed for awhile, with lows in the single digits I needed more layers on the lifts but boarding down was warm enough. I chatted with a guy who was indeed handi-capable on his sit-ski, if you haven't seen one of these up close they are as complex and groovy a machine as it gets. Complete carbon fiber frame, suspension and seat all mounted on a custom built snowboard. I don't know if I'd have the cajones to ride one of these things or not but he looked smoooooth making turns downhill. The cranes are migrating across Nebraska as well. They go north in the summer and south in the winter, those two things are the ONLY two things thing that ever occur in Nebraska (besides camping near the borrow pit lakes by the freeway) WORD: Cautiously optimistic

No comments: