Thursday, April 22, 2010

Big Hard Sun

I have to admit I'm becoming a bit of a phone geek, all the while knowing that I'm only scratching the surface of what "3G" really means (and honestly I don't know or care what 3G means) However, there are a few nice APPLICATIONS (notice I didn't say apps) that I really enjoy. PANDORA is one of them. Its a free inter-web based radio station that plays music based on your favorite song, band, or artist. Reception is sketchy at times (think Geode) but so is regular cell service, but damn its nice to ride with tunes blasting your earballs the whole time. When I'm away on "business" it tracks down anything I need (food, clothing, shelter, booze) and guides me home via GPS, and I can BLAB to my hearts content during all these things. I've added twitter to this blog cause UBERtwitter (currently located in the upper right hand corner, clicky on the X'y) is another of the APPLICATIONS I take advantage of. Most of my tweeting is in code and quite melancholy at best, mostly meaningless but it is kinda fun following others posts in realtime. Good luck to all the TRANS-IOWA riders, you're gonna need it this weekend!) NOTE: I've traveled more miles by bike this month than the last 5 put together :)

No comments: