Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A most excellent NEW YEAR...

The newest addition to our fam is Tikaani, I wanted to name him Homer but Missus Brakeville said NO... Amanda is home from school, so to ring in 2008 Tater, Dennis, Nick, Tom and I decided to ride a century (before the snow). Well, um, I had to bail out near Keokuk and ended up with 85 miles in, the rest of those yahoo's made their first 100 miler for the new year. No we are not drinking the antifreeze, it was almost 40 outside not too bad at all... Dennis taking a pic of me taking a pic... This is the reconstructed Mormon Temple in Nauvoo Il., and no Mitt Romney wasn't home...

The only way to recover from an 85 mile ride is to GO SNOWBOARDING, absolutely AWESOME to board in Iowa during a six inch REAL snow fall SAWEEEEEET...

Missus Brakeville carving the fressh IOWA powder...

Self portrait for your veiwing pleasure...

5 comments:

Neve_r_est said...

You bastard, after working my ass off for 5 runs down my mini forest chute I was thinking a real hill with lifts would have been nice.
Some year I'll get back to runs that last longer than one fifth the time it takes me to get back to the top.

DG

mattonne said...

YEAH! well it wasn't the Rockies, and the ride up is still longer than the ride down....

Unknown said...

hey you 2 lets head west this year....we have mates that live there so room and board would be cheap.....February anyone?

Peace

mattonne said...

I need to quit spending $$$$ boarding in Iowa, we'll have to see how kind my uncle Sammy is this year...

Unknown said...

thats what I'm thinking:)

Peace