Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cyclo-Cross???

Yes Cyclocross, enjoyed only by the Euro-yuppie? Road geeks with lil' knobbies?? Actually RUNNING while the bike is riding YOU?? WTF??? Yeah its actually pretty fun. Didn't fare too bad in my first race, just stayed out of the way, but its a new twist for me, (now I need a new bike kinda thing), I signed up for the Jingle cross this weekend and looking forward to it. I'm sure I've broken some kind of unwritten CX law, but I was wearing shoe covers too! Uncool?? en vogue?? not "in" this season, like wearing white after labor day? why don't somebody tell me these things?? In reality, I just think the NIKE emblem on em' goes with my tights, ha ha tights, thats kinda funny as well.

6 comments:

Neve_r_est said...

tights, shoe covers harmless...till you get the damn things caught on a dismount and you eat a barrier that is. These races are less than an hour, you are supposed to be cold and miserable, and muddy for that matter. Your screwing with the experience man! See ya at Jingle cross.

DG

mattonne said...

now you tell me!!! but i look so damn good in them...:)

mtb05girl said...

haha..i really didnt know shoe covers were an issue. i wore them at green valley. why?? to keep my shoes clean because we had to run through mud...no joke. i did have issues clipping in, but other than that i don't see the problem! see ya sunday!

Anonymous said...

Booties are fine in racing (you don't lose style points for this), but keep in mind that they may fall apart during the race or cause you to lose traction. I've seen this happen.
On another note, Euro-yuppies is an oxymoron when referring to cyclists over here. In europe, most of the top bike racers are blue collar - families are brick layers, farmers, etc. Bike racing beats digging ditches for a living!
:peanut
ps. I love your blog

mattonne said...

Please forgive my one sided and American-ized views, honestly, I have no clue what the term means, I read it on Velonews once. Now if you will excuse me I'm going back to my fave Bistro and sip an espresso!!! KIDDING :)

scottiemc2 said...

tights...what's funny about tights? really, what's so funny?