Friday, November 17, 2006

Plans, Pains, and Practice

I'm waiting for my Cateye to get here, I have found myself AVOIDING the dreaded trainer lately and just riding at night with my red blinkie, which works really well if your behind, but without a headlight I'm playing with fire. Not only that but I'd rather be riding the trails anyway. Planning on doin a CX race this weekend, that will be a lesson in humility for sure but it looks fun, as my first attempt , this is the last race in this series, maybe no one will notice me floundering. Also believe I'll be doing trans-Iowa version 3, the only regret I have is this race is a loop and not "border to border" as versions 1 and 2 were. Put a call in AGAIN to the parks dept. to see about the status (or lack thereof) of our little trail system at Dehn's, I'm thinkin it could be included in a "sno-bike" series if the proper permissions were granted. If your lost, always follow the reflectors. unless your riding backwards, then your screwed!! So far no call back STILL, what I'm really lookin for is an OK to finally make Dehn's four wheeler forbidden, with strategic placement of SIGNS and posts to deter ridin em down there. Also expect a rock garden soon in the new-new section of singletrack, don't worry, i'll have an alternate route around these but there will be a TIME penalty for avoiding the rocks. YEAH!!!

5 comments:

scottiemc2 said...

rock gardens rock! i found some sweet trails here...i've only walked them, but they are gonna be like dehns mixed with boone...yeeeeeah! and for added difficulty you get to dodge taiwanese hikers...yippee!!

mattonne said...

I don't believe I've ever seen a Tiawanese hiker, are they of average size? clothed? sporting teva sandles? My curiousity knows no limits...

Mike Howard said...

I'm looking at the triple shot myself,but I have a nice Jet light for the handlebar, I know I'm going for the double shot for the helmet and using my rat for the road bike.

scottiemc2 said...

haha...they always have that little hiking rod with them and they always return home before dark...something about ghosts...i was just heading out at 4pm for a hike and every single returning group of hikers "urged"/"told" me i had to return because "sun go down, too late." they are so smart...i don't even know how they figure that out... i always get confused with sunrise and sunset, does it happen every two days or once a week? ~@#$@!# so i guess if you're riding after dark you won't have to dodge them, but you will probably have your soul stolen by a ghost....my new mission: find a taiwanese hiker and get a picture....man, if only i had a camera yesterday...i saw the epitome of "cool guy hiker"...and i met gwen stefani

mattonne said...

Hella good!