Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Down with the sickness...

Usually that refers to something that is especially exciting and enthusiastic that you plan to be involved in, however, dropping 8 lbs in an evening from violent gastric outbursts I was literally down with it. What was meant to be a cyclocross weekend bash turned to bust after the first Jinglecross race on saturday, The course was a blast and I did turn in a good finish, even popped my last four recover-ease pills for Sundays race. Using a mountain bike in a CX race is kinda tuff but I was able to ride the sand trap and mud pits a little easier on the fat tires. (if that was ALL the course threw at me) but riding on grass sucks the marrow from your bones. Funny that as fast as the creeping crud hit me Saturday night, by Sunday night I was pretty much OK, I guess my entry fee (donation) went to a good cause, but I'd rather have raced, LETS HEAR IT FOR NYQUIL AND LYSOL, and a timely visit from my old friends Ernest and Julio Gallo. Much needed antioxidants and pain medication in an easy to administer liquid!! I was also quite surprised to discover just how VIOLENT and DANGEROUS Tiawanese soccer has become, the last I knew it was kinda like a Polo match without the horses or the mallets. I'm guessing the rampant steroid abuse in Asian FUTBAL has finally ruined the gentle game that was. Right now my road bike sits silently in the trainer "on my six" (that means behind me, right MIDZ?) but after I get done with this I'm gonna send in my entrys to TRANS IOWA V3, mostly because I'm a moron, but partly because the MILKMAN has thrown down the guantlet. ignorance really IS bliss (speaking for myself of course), I better start training soon.

4 comments:

scottiemc2 said...

you betta recognize

mattonne said...

I'm telling China on you Islanders

scottiemc2 said...

whatever, china's just a big country with billions of people and nuclear weapons...we've got Wang Chien-Ming and the guy that made brokeback mtn...this is the real china beeee-atch!

mattonne said...

No WONDER their all talk and no action...