Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dryin the Dirt

*NEWS FLASH* Dateline 3/26/08, Burlington Iowa...Dehn's is firming up pretty good right now, the trail report from last nights ride confirms that you no longer have to pedal on the downhill sections. I think (sometimes) that barring any sort of freeze and thaw cycle from here on out, a rider could get a good base workout in for the upcoming "SYLVAN ISLAND STAMPEDE" scheduled 4/13/08. In other news I must announce its OFFICIAL, "I do not like MAXXIS tires", however, I WILL run them down to the cords anyway unless of course I wash out one too many times and destroy more equipment than I normally do. Back on subject there are a number of fallen trees that I'll get to this weekend (if I can borrow a chainsaw) who knew there could be so many dead and dying trees in the woods, and with the soil off-trail so loose, those rootless rotten ones are falling at a record pace...

5 comments:

Mike Howard said...

I've had good luck with the ignitors Matt! but I don't ride that agressive...I was looking at the Maxxis web site and the Advantage might be a good tire for you but it doesn't come in a 1.95.

mattonne said...

They aren't that bad Howie, I had to add some air to my fork and cut the travel down to 95mm, seems to handle alot better now...I'm just whinning!

mattonne said...

My baye-asian filter is detecting spam

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

i know i am back on DICE, but i still have to say that Kenda makes a pretty sweet MT tire or two.