Monday, March 12, 2007

Changes

If anyone has ever seen the movie "Little Big Man" with Dustin Hoffman you'll know where I'm coming from. In one of my former lives I was a Hunter, Ducks, Geese, Turkey, anything and everything. I enjoyed it then as much as I enjoy Biking today. But things change, what I once thought I couldn't live without, I now have only fond memories of; great times afield with family and friends. I still search the sky when I hear Geese off in the distance, I can still identify ducks on the wing just by their flight patterns. The adventure of navigating the river during pitch black frosty mornings when the constellations in the sky provide you your only directions STILL haunt my dreams. Today I said goodbye to one of the last remaining partners I had on those long ago hunts. My Chesapeake Bay Retriever Moses, going on 13 years he was graying like a distinguished gentleman, a little less bounce in his step and few more pounds on his rump, but always ready to go with tail swooshing. Although his spirit never left him, his health did, and I had to take him on his last boat ride this morning. G'bye Old man. Odessa's Mighty Moses 1995 - 2007

5 comments:

mtb05girl said...

That's sad. Sorry to hear about your dog.

Unknown said...

Happy too see he had one more boat ride, sad to hear he's gone:(

Peace

Mike Howard said...

One of the hardest thing a man has to do Matt ! We know it hurts ! Sorry for your loss !

Cindy & Mike

Midz said...

Sorry for your loss, Matt. That had to be hard.

mattonne said...

Thanks everyone, you always know there's gonna be a time when you have to make that decision but its never easy...