Friday, January 05, 2007

Sometimes...you gotta!

The Mrs. has always been understanding of my cycling addiction, if this were a 12 step program she might even be referred to as, an "en-abler". Going to watch a mountain bike race is like watchin paint dry, but she's been to more than a few, even gets her RACE ON once in awhile. So when your best friend and lady asks you to participate in one of HER activities its hard to say no. So i found myself in front of the TV doing a workout from the "FIRM", yeah... Needless to say my rhythm and dance skills are pathetic at best, and if any trained emergency responders had been around they would have assumed I was having some sort of seizure. I will say the "abs" workout was actually killer and I was sweatin like hell. My kids could only stare in that wide-eyed teenager sort of way that says "GOD, I hope my friends don't see this". Now do I really want that new 'Cross bike or a two stage fanny lifter step and a set of velvet covered weights???

4 comments:

Midz said...

You did this clad in your favorite lycra, right? I mean, if the kids are going to get embarrassed, go all out.

Anonymous said...

I hear leg warmers are makin a comeback...I'm a maniac, MAAANNIIIIAAAC on the floor!!!

Mattonne

Anonymous said...

I did the Tae-Bo video with my wife once and it kicked my butt. However, I scored lots of points with that one act. Score one for you Matt !! Nice job. Way to be a good husband.

Pete

Anonymous said...

don't get the wrong idea Pete, she owes me a spinerval session now!! :)

Mattonne