Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Darkness falls...

I hate going back to "regular" time, when it gets dark at 4:30pm I get lazy. Can't wait for my light to show up. I was thinking about stringing 5 miles of extension cord thru Dehn's to light up the trail till then. I don't suppose the "Y" would notice if I tee'd off where they park the school buses???? Went all URBAN last night, think I scared the seasoned citizens coming off the gambling boat. The new library has a 25 to 30 foot rock wall behind it, hmmm, I bet a person could get a lil climbing in after hours if they were so inclined, I think it would rate a 5.6 to 5.7 easy, but i was wearing cleats so foot holds were sketchy at best, could run some water down it during january and have an ice climbing festival. Crampons are cool, if i owned a set I'd wear em to work just for the fun of it. nice days ahead, wednesday is no work and all play day...

5 comments:

Neve_r_est said...

I was about to ask you about the lights, you still comin up to Decorah this Saturday? I'll be runnin around up there all day(and night) Hope to see you there. I'll bring spare lights just in case.....

scottiemc2 said...

there's like a 50 ft climbing wall here on campus...it's the generic mass produced kind, but i'm sure it's fun...of course i don't have any equipment, but i'm sure there's some way to get some on loan(probably miniature)...are those pre-fabbed walls worth the effort???

Pete Basso said...

Matt - we took 1/2 day off today and got in 3+ hours on the road. Couldn't believe it got up to 80 degrees in DSM today. Have fun in Decorah if you go.

Midz said...

What up Studly! Howie was telling me today that he hopes you do TI with him. He'll need a riding buddy.

mattonne said...

Wednesday was a no brainer, take the day off and RIDE...climbing walls are GREAT training for the real thing, you can attempt routes on them that would be certain death in "real life"...Decorah is out for me, family plans rule the evening...Trans-Iowa, wow, this year is almost next year already, can't wait!!