Monday, October 09, 2006

Winding Down...a bit

Raced at Peoria in the final event of the I-74 series, had a decent finish for a change, (4th)which for me is pretty good, plus I felt really good during the race as Farmdale reminds me alot of Sugarbottom but much smoother. Its kinda tuff to decide which series to go to sometimes as Burlington sits smack dab in between most of the places these races are held. Saturday went to the "Panther Creek Challenge" near Springfield Ill. Except this years race was 102 miles, and you could have a three person team or SOLO. I went the solo route, even though I have not even trained for something like that, you never know how bad it could be unless you try right? The course is about 50/50 single track and open field (read GRASS) and each lap was 17 miles. The Milkman (Howie) and I kinda led the solo's for the first two laps and we were keeping the pace almost as high as the Team lap times, near the end of the third lap I started gettin some nasty pain in both my feet, that was a new one on me, felt like I had marbles in my shoes and each turn of the pedals it got worse, I stopped for a bit after I finished 50 miles to try and loosen up my feet but they weren't cooperating so I called it quits. Next time I try something like this I'll be a bit better prepared, Howie has a GREAT system goin and his Mrs. was working his pit like a champ. I know I won't try to drive home again after a race like this either. I was doin the "three man weave" by myself. Could be a few more races I hit this year, I still want to try a CX race and "THE MILKMAN 100 is the 21st. Adio!

12 comments:

Neve_r_est said...

Decorah night race, Decorah IA, November 11th. Great trails if you haven't been up there yet. I'll be going up the morning of to do some pre-riding and hang out with some friends.

mattonne said...

I missed this one last year, HMMMM, I'm gonna have to score some type of lighting QUICK

Unknown said...

Whats this Milkman 100??? Do tell:)

Peace

mattonne said...

Mike Howard has put togather a Century ride in Trivoli Ill. Not a race or competition, just some riders gettin in some "happy Miles". You can check out his blog for details or use the link to PAMBA and go to the GROUP RIDE section. BTW, My sincerest congrats to you and the MRS. You three are what family is all about!!!

And that dress is SMOKIN BABY!!!

Unknown said...

Damn I thought it was a long race...oh well you mates enjoy those easy miles and be sure to kick back a few.....it is the off season for some of us:) Thank You...and the photo opt Teri and I did with the dress thang had us laughing our asses off for a couple of hours good fun:)

Peace

Neve_r_est said...

Matt,
I've got a spare set I can loan you if all else fails.

Neve_r_est said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neve_r_est said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neve_r_est said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mattonne said...

Cool Dennis, If all else fails I'll take you up on that...By the way, I have to replace the headgaskets in the rover this week$$$$$$$$$$$ knew you'd get kick outta that!!!

scottiemc2 said...

dry mouth full of wax is the one i know about...i dunno, maybe bite the wax tadpole another place, but they've since changed the transliteration to one that means "happiness in the mouth" the problem is trying to keep the original sound and still mean something good...now the sound is something like cuh coo cuh luh

Midz said...

See ya Saturday, Brakeville! NIce and easy, right?!