Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to Riding...

I have not posted anything about actually riding my bike for awhile so I thought a quikie update is in order. Geode has some nasty type of poison oak/ivy/sumac on the backside. I did four laps the other day and inside my elbow is itchin like CRAZY, Dehn's is about the fastest drying trail I know, you can ride it (uptop) anyway about 5 minutes after the rain stops with nary a puddle, watch the bridges though, they get SLICKery when wet. There are a few XC races coming up, but the ONE race I WILL make is PAMBA's Festival. I know, I know, whenever I say something like that I miss it and I'm a liar. I'll be there! I must be bored-dedicated-wierd to put in 25 miles in Dehn's, but those are "normal" distances for the races so I gotta train to em right??? I've ridden it forwards, backwards and sideways to break it up some. And STILL no word from the parks guy about the trails. Can you say backburner? You can tell that its the end of the season on the roadie rides, everyone attacks and attacks again, those training rides are about my limit (are about my ASS, they ARE at my limit)But it is pretty cool to see who and how is pushing the group into the red and can you respond in kind???, I've seen 197 BPM's chasing these kids and ELDERS around, but its a great workout that has helped me on the trails as well. Looking forward to putting a number on my bike again soon, maybe even try a CX race, although I run like old people F_ _ _! Stay warm!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the group ride today. You would be able to hang in a road race. Maybe try a criterium, it's sort of like mountain bike racing. There's lots of corners and you go fast. The only difference is there's a lot more people in a criterium that you are riding with haha. Have a good one and good luck at the PAMBA race!
-Amanda

Midz said...

This better not be another teaser! We're looking forward to seeing you Matt. It's been too long.

mattonne said...

Three items to think about:

Comlara vs. Sycamore TT Sept. 10th,
May have to hit Comlara

Will my Buddy MIDZ still let me thrash his DH rig at The PAMBA Festival????

When I'm WAY behind in a MTB race nobody can see me, EVERYBODY saw me at the QC CRIT, i prefer to call them my parade laps....

Midz said...

It's yours! Somebody needs to ride it fast at some point.