Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Optimistic Opportunity

I talked with Chris Nosbisch from the Burlington Parks Dept. He was hoping to meet with everyone who rides Dehn's. Apparently he rides a bit himself and needed some help with this project. I can tell you this tidbit of info, regardless if the Dog Park gets built or not, the trail system WILL be a reality, owned by and cared for by Burlington. Chris was very clear on his ideas for this trail, and they were to keep it as NATURAL as it is!! I.E. SINGLETRACK, DIRT, NO MOTOR VEHICLES. Even the Parks Superintendant agrees. He wants to meet ASAP with anybody who's willing, volunteers needed and appreciated. I think this is a chance to make our Mountain Biking trail a real and legitimate asset for all of us. Spread the word kids, lets set a time when everyone can meet these folks!!

2 comments:

Neve_r_est said...

When and where? Could we set this meeting up on a weekday after work, that would be dandy.

mattonne said...

I'm supposed to get a call from him sometime friday afternoon, I'm thinking after work one day next week as soon as I hear anything I'll post it up