Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dog Park = Trails?

Burlington is planning to build a dog park right next to our beloved Dehn's trails. Yeah, I said "Dog Park", I wonder if the Naked Guy knows this? Anywho, they also are going to legitimize Dehn's trails in the process, could be a good thing in the long run. I see the local newspaper (The Hogeye) refers to Mountain Bikers as "BMX'ers", which is quite confussing to the local folk. The only thing that scares me is they talk about "improving" the trail system. I think that means being able to drive a D-9 Caterpillar around the loop without scuffing the paint, I am going to try and talk to the powers that be and maybe find some common ground and maybe even (GASP) volunteer to do the trail work I'm already doing voluntarily. I know there are alot of riders now cleaning-mowing-maintaining the trails as well. If I can get a meeting with this guy I'll post it here. Anybody interested???? Could be a future race venue if with a little co-op from the YMCA Hmmmmmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm in

Neve_r_est said...

hell yea