Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Just when you thought it was safe...

Its the stuff of legend, whispered about in hushed tones and passed on in tales and stories by those that have heard or witnessed the frightening truth. Dehn's woods has a spirit, a "free spirit" if you will. I had heard about this phantom that roamed the woods at dusk in the summertime, that magic hour between light and dark, where shadows can play tricks and the eyes. Unexplained sightings of a guy, a NAKED guy, who has been seen only by a few of the "lucky" riders who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Right in the middle of my training ride last night, third lap, I was getting tired and focusing only on the trail flowing under my front tire, right before my very eyes the trail I was concentrating on turned into a rather large, middle aged, ASS. Attached to this ASS was the rest of the "NAKED GUY". I stiffled a laugh as I quickly dodged him and said aloud "now theres something you don't see everyday!" The "NAKED GUY" was silent, he seemed more concerned with the dog he was walking (leashed, but naked as well). 100 yards up the trail, morbid curiousity took over, and just like a car accident, I couldn't help but shoot a quick glance behind me, maybe just to assure myself I actually DID see the "NAKED GUY", But he was GONE. Disappearing quickly into the fading light with his trusty sidekick (no, it was NOT a weenie dog). There are unexplained sightings of crop circles, bigfoot, even the loch ness monster, beware Dehn's woods. For a "NAKED GUY" haunts these lonely trails, elusive, and unashamed...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah....nutt'n like runn'n naked:)

Peace

Anonymous said...

Hey, sometimes its just too damn hot for clothes, OK?

mattonne said...

I would at LEAST have a flea and tick collar on, maybe even mosquito repellant. Theres too many bugs in the woods that could find their way to the more "sensitve" areas...

Anonymous said...

Snakebite?

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »