Monday, July 10, 2006

I still ride...sometimes

And I have the scars to prove it! Dehn's is REALLY fast right now, and I'm guessing just like the rest of the trails in the midwest DUSTY and loose in the corners. Kinda like a sandy sidewalk. Remember how I said I would not replace my old LX shifters until they were damaged? Well, one of Dennis' super logs made short work of them, along with a derailure hanger, a couple of spokes, and a cable. I'm not sure how many more times my knee will heal before it just turns to mush but it's OK for now. I'm prolly gonna hit up the "Iowa Games" MTB race this Sat., although its supposed to be near 100 degrees again this year. Note to bike shops, when servicing requires messing with a disc brake, WIPE THE OIL OFF IT!!! Its so much easier to stop when the rotor is DRY. I'm whinning I know. I'm kinda gettin burn out this time of year so I better refocus a bit, less miles more intensity may help, also gettin quite lazy with bloggin updates, too many other irons in the fire. Stay safe and watch out for cars all you roadies out there...

11 comments:

Mike Howard said...

What you going to upgrade to Matt ?

You got your money worth out of the LX.

Anonymous said...

must be the stress that goes on at the shop, causes loss of memory or something...haha

mattonne said...

I didn't want to change too much so I just got the old XT's, "regular" index shifters.

Midz said...

Matt, Higgins will be travveling through the NW corner of IA on Thursday near Elk Grove. He wants to know if there is any trails worth riding up that way. He's en route back to Peoria fom South Dakota and has family to see in that area.

mattonne said...

If he gets close to Council Bluffs Ia, I strongly recommend Lewis and Clark Monument park. Its dirt bobsled trail!!

Unknown said...

If there is an Elk Grove in Iowa I will kiss yer ass:) Google maps knows nothing of it, Yahoo maps know nothing of it, my Iowa map don't have it......I'm cornfused:)
XT is good shit by the way:)

Peace

Unknown said...

Whoops I didn't finish, any where in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area is good riding, Manawa, L&C, Swanson, Platte River.....etc. I can hook him up with a couple mates if ya want.

Peace

mattonne said...

Whew! I thought it was just me, I didn't find an Elk Grove Ia. either,but there is one in the dairy state Wisconsin

Anonymous said...

Looks like your gonna have to do the road race instead of the mountain bike race due to the rain.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info ppc advertising Medication for urinay incontinence Room electronic air cleaners Topamax and eyes Crossbite appliance Subaru sucasa hentai hosting provider Video camera mount for water sports