Thursday, June 01, 2006

Weekend Update updated...

Forgot to mention a few things, first I hope everyone who hit the deck over the holiday has a speedy recovery. Nothing worse than having to sit out and be a spectator. Had to get our "kitten" declawed, I'm trying not to laugh too much as its just deserts for the little bugger for all the curtains climbed in my humble abode. Not to mention the fact that the kids named him "leatherface" first, changed it to "Eddy", and finally found out he's a she after all. Now I know why Tater says "Pete Basso is awesome"! Cause he was unfazed by the B.O.D. (that's bridge of DEATH) in Dehn's, took me a couple of times before I'd even attempt it. It was cool to show Pete and Landon our little slice of single track goodness. I'm a dope part two; I thought my rear derailer was acting up, cause every hill in Dehn's I got to hear and feel chain rippin nastiness, turns out the middle and big chain rings on my less than a year old XT crank are SHOT. DOH! Anyone notice that these are less than stellar rings??? That means chain, cassette, and new rings OUCH$$$ I'm glad I didn't buy the "old" new XTR stuff, Cause the NEW 07 stuff is coming out, kinda funny really that I still like the 2001 LX shifters on my bike, they ain't goin anywhere till something bad happens. I'm a funny Guy (not) part three; Mrs. Brakeville demanded that I remind the readers that while she was the first woman across the line in the QC Crit she was also the ONLY woman in that race (CAT 5). I left that nugget of info out for effect...:) I plan on racing CAT 4 at the "Hummer Hammer" this weekend, no more "open" stuff, then I can leave the Road Bike at home for awhile and "HIT THE DIRT" ...

5 comments:

Pete Basso said...

Matt, staying all weekend on the "East Side" bought me a one way ticket to family time this weekend. I won't be able to attend the Hammer Hummer, (which has a terrible name by the way). Glad to see your sticking with the Cat 4's and not the "open" class. Those dudes are fast. Thanks again for the ride in Dehn's. That place is great. Squirrel would love it.

mattonne said...

Kinda makes you wonder what "focus group" decided that "Hummer" would be a great name for a military vehicle...I know Dennis has a few stunts he's working on in Dehn's that would make Squirrel proud!

Midz said...

We're ready for you to "HIT SOME DIRT" with the PAMBA gang as soon as you can make it over. Still thinkin' Jubilee?

mattonne said...

Yes Sir I am, Prolly bringin the whole clan cause the kids wanna race to!

Neve_r_est said...

You could hit the rock with me tomorrow at Landahl, prolly too late for that thought. Anyway, spent the morning riding around with a chainsaw on my back. New to Dehns:3 completed log rides high, beginner, and fun for all ages. Three new new berms(abit more work needed) More to come.

Sh-tm-no: crap rings, yes. I've got a set of Middleburn rings on order for mine right now. Dual control is great, but it doesn't work so...I'm gearing up to replace it with a set of Avid Mechs and paddle shifters. Then again I'm racing SS in the expert field tomorrow, maybe that is the real answer to my shifting problems. Happy trails.