Monday, May 08, 2006

Waverly...UGH!!!!

I've never suffered to the extent I did yesterday, I could have used a WHOLE box of midol for the cramps that started from the inside of my thighs to my feet yesterday. Every time I tried to "power up" my legs would just QUIT working, seriously at one point during this race I had to hop up a little hill cause my knees would not bend. The day started off bad with Mrs. Brakeville and I doing a little "recon" on the course, made her miss her start time for her first race in three years, DOH!!! Apparently I can't tell time. I thought strongly about quitting on the fifth lap, I figured I would lock up completely in the woods and have to be rescued, but I went ahead at the BLISTERING pace of about 9mph and finished DEAD LAST, but a finish none the less. ( I actually PLACED 3rd In expert masters +35 and earned 20 bucks, my first PAYCHECK from racing) But I was almost to embarrassed to accept it, never had the Cramps before, I hope I never experience them again...Maybe I should start training more??????

2 comments:

Midz said...

Matt, try Elete drops if you haven't already. They work. My brother is a roadie out in Idaho and he was having some cramping issues. I turned him on to the Elete and he hasn't had any problems.

Mike Howard said...

I feel for you Matt! Once the cramping starts it's hard to get rid of.I've seen last place to !

Try the Enduralytes from Hammer also, but you have to load up on them thru the week and as soon as you get up on the day of your race.