Monday, May 01, 2006

Runners

Inspired by the upcoming "Teen Tri" (athalon) the WHOLE family decided to do a three mile run last night. According to my trusty Cateye, my block is an almost perfect 1/4 mile, so 12 laps = 3. Damn that hurt, is hurting, and I can hardly walk today. MIDZ is a masochist, runnings not FUN, its painful and demoralizing :-) Speaking of which, TRANS IOWA was a washout, the weather won the day. like I said, I sat and tried to put myself in their position, no one made it to the first time cutoff, and if you've ever seen a "B" level road in IOWA its basically a dirt path between farm fields, and after a couple inches of rain its a small muddy stream between farm fields. Now THAT'S suffering. I think the farthest anybody got was 119 miles, in about TEN hours! I'd to like to try it next year. Running and carrying your bike through a foot of mud, WHY? Why not?

2 comments:

Midz said...

I never said it was fun. I can only do it because of the slow speed at which I move when I'm doing it. I'm working on that though now. Maybe people will stop timing me with a sundial.

mattonne said...

Its a whole different set of muscles involved, now I need my ligaments stretched back to normal...