Sunday, April 30, 2006

Lazy days...

Really lazy I might add, I sat and listened to the rain for awhile last night thinking about the Trans-Iowa racers out there, HARD CORE Did get my new fork installed though, REBA team, air-u-turn, 32mm stantions, motion control, pop-lock adjust, floodgate, blah blah BLAH...No less than SIX adjustments you can make to this thing and I'll try to sort em out here, Air spring; keeps this fork at 3.4 lbs. no different than my old Psylo except 4mm bigger stantions, also you can adjust between 115mm to 85mm in travel externally ( I bet I'll NEVER change from 100mm) Motion control; Rock Shox version of a "stable platform", hit the handlebar mounted "poplock adjust" to lock, then the floodgate controls how much fork movement in the lock mode. Noticed that my "sorta" LBS had installed the poplock upside down and backwards and left about 8 inches of extra cable hangin in front of my bars, oh well, every once in awhile I actually WORK on my own bike so after I tweaked and tuned, everything looks AND functions pretty well, the "lock" should come in handy during climbing and during the opening sprint to the single track, now I'll wait for my frame shock to come back with "pro-pedal" and make an old bike new again in terms of suspension. In hind sight a guy could just get rid of Forks and shocks and gears for that matter and have THE most efficient bike out there, but I'm getting too brittle to take that kind of beating anymore...Oh yeah, one more thing, its not DISCO GOLD either (sniff*)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know someone who can work on bikes and is decent at it...probably better than LSB.

mattonne said...

And its FREE!!

Pete Basso said...

Matt - I just got the exact same fork last week. I'm hoping Sterling is going to install it today so I can get used to it before the next race. I'm excited to ride on this thing. Now I need a lightweight set of race rims to replace the Bontragers I'm running now....no anyone who is selling any sweet rims for cheap?

mattonne said...

You'll know the "poplock" is right when you can read the rock shox sticker. tech tip #1!