Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Iowa vs. Illinois...

The PAMBA series has always been near and dear to my heart, I sorta cut my racing teeth over in Peoria. This CLUB is the BEST group of mountain biking peeps I've had the pleasure to meet in the midwest BAR NUN!! PAMBA maintained trails set the standard for any I've ridden, a person could not find any better single track in the heartland, they even have "Big Hit" downhill and Four cross sections included in their series. (I need a Session 77 Momma). Iowa has been growing too, ALOT of new venues for mountain biking have emerged over the last few years, and the IMBCS has something like 11 races this year. Makes it tuff on me to decide which races to attend because SO many XC events between both are on the same day. I'm going to have to miss the next two "I74" dates to concentrate on the IOWA side this year, this weekend is IMBCS #4 in Council Bluffs Ia. Going to try to hang on to my position in the points chase (easier said than done), June 18th is a "stage race" in Washington Ia. Sounds like a good time, bit I'll miss the "FARMDALE FRENZY", bummer, same day again. I'll get to Peoria and mix it up with Howie and T.T. in July. See ya at the races!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannondale Rules .....

Neve_r_est said...

Going to Council Bluffs? Carpool? I'm thinking about going over for the race and hitting some new trail afterwards, maybe even Sunday. Any thoughts?

mattonne said...

Carpool sounds good, but I have to be back in town Sat. night, doing the "burlington Fletch" with the Mrs. and her Dad sunday...

Midz said...

Thanks for the props, Matt! We'll miss ya for sure. You're as much a part of our races as we are. Giver hell in Iowa!

Pete Basso said...

Matt, glad you're coming over the IA side for some racin'. I'm feeling a little better and will be trying to steal your 1st place position back. See you Saturday.

mattonne said...

I'm thinkin that won't be too tuff for you Pete, there's a Basso kickin tail in the Giro too!!!

Mike Howard said...

Sorry to lose you for a couple races Matt ! But Iowa is your home ! Are you racing Expert in the IMBCS races ? See ya at Jubilee !

mattonne said...

Its almost funny to write this but, yes, I am racing expert...:)

I'll be at Jubilee fer sher