Wednesday, March 22, 2006

And now, for something completely different

Just didn't feel like riding, first day of spring, 4" of slush, too tired, i don't know. Thought, maybe do something different. How about running up and down the stairs at home while carrying my wifes "Denise Austin" padded dumbbells for an hour? Improvised some polymetrics by reducing the number of steps needed to get up the two flights of stairs from 20 to 5? Drive my two dogs absolutely friggin bonkers at the same time? Sounds great!! I was happy to outlast the mutts as they decided to lay down and watch after 20 minutes. I can still feel the effort today...I was thinking what a great downhill FREERIDE i could do from the attic to the basement but I'd catch some hell for that.

3 comments:

Mike Howard said...

Would you just sit still for 10 min. ? The trails were just starting to dry out down here Matt ! 4 to 8 inches of snow in some places will set us back a few weeks.

mattonne said...

Yeah I know, I think I'll be gravel road riding this weekend again...

Anonymous said...

Wednesday it Dehn's was nice until the snow started melting.