Friday, February 24, 2006

How Many???

How many laps around the brand NEW BEE's baseball parking lot does it take to get to 20 miles? 80! I OVER-estimated its length a bit, its only 1/4 mile around. Thats OK, I'd rather do a real "road" than spend an hour on the trainer any day, I was able to keep my ave. above 18 mph without pushing too hard, now I need about 20 more sessions like that before my first roadie event which is March 19th, put on by the DICE team. Gonna ride a boatload at Geode this weekend, trail should be in good condition too. Anyone ever notice that when you have a local trail "dialed in" its hard to pace yourself? I gotta FORCE myself to stay aerobic while riding there, I just seem to keep pushing the speed up until I realize that I DON"T want race pace today, I want time in the saddle to burn some FAT. Tax money WAHOO, time for a REBA team fork, my PSYLO's bushings are HISTORY, its getting so loose it feels like my headsets fallin out.

No comments: