Monday, February 22, 2010

When will it end?

Since opening day on December 12th 2009, we have 24 days of boarding in this season. 24 days of riding snow in all its conditions, REAL powder at -5 below zero, rain soaked slush at 40 above and everything in between (Colorado doesn't count, as that was a solo trip). My body is starting to feel it and I'm wondering where all the weekends have gone but its still going to be a shock when it all ends with the inevitable spring thaw. Last years abrupt ending sucked, one of the instructors I work with remarked "the slopes closed on my birthday, I lost my hobby, hanging with my friends and my job all on the same day". Great present. God knows last years early closure depressed the hell out of me too, I guess I'm just gonna have to get back on the bike and ride it out of my system. The Beach boys wanted an "endless summer", I,m thinking endless winter.

2 comments:

scottiemc2 said...

are you still climbing rocks...I thought I didn't have enough hobbies so I started doing that...hooray!

mattonne said...

Still climbing, but as you know rocks in Iowa are hard to come by...I also MUST replace my five year old ropes and SOON to avoid my untimely demise!!!!