Saturday, November 21, 2009

Almost time...

Close enough to start wishing for some snow! Check out the link to My REAL Job. Its actually a great time and as I progress in this sport its becoming increasingly evident I need to start wearing protective gear. Its getting colder and I've been practicing my Snowboard OLLIES in the living room, which by the way is a never ending source of amusement for Missus Brakeville. I tend to get a little too excited about boarding, for instance, I had one young student last year who's Mother had dressed in FIVE FREAKIN LAYERS of winter gear. Sometimes I take it for granted that me being fairly OLD, people should have NO problem keeping up with my lesson speed, however, even in the 10 degree cold this poor kid started turning a bright shade of red, then a ghostly white, and promptly threw up all over the bunny hill. After many apologies to his parents (who were really cool BTW)and the removal of a couple layers from the Lad to keep from overheating, I slowed the pace WAAAYYY down and and made my exhuberance level matches my students capabilities. Live and Learn :) I may even try to Ski this year, but I don't want to jack my knees up any more than they already are. C'mon POWDER!!!!!!!

No comments: