Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Those who can't do...

TEACH! I'll be testing this week to become...a SNOWBOARD instructor! Woo-hoo, can you say "comped" for next year? Now, there is no way that I was chosen for my MAD SKILZ, I was asked to teach because of the fact that I'm reliable (read OLD). Why not get paid to do what you like? I've got a groovy new Board coming AND I'll get a name tag that says "MATTHEW" on it...SWEET. I can tell you that as I age my recuperation powers have ebbed somewhat, so after this weekends two days of marathon "shadowing", basically following a 15 year old kid downhill doing switch 180's and ollie-ing over obstacles my body is SORE, but its great polymetric moves that will either harden my bones or break them outright. Next up, mastering the "butterbox" and 50/50 railgrind. How much do you suppose AFLAC will cost me?

2 comments:

Mike Howard said...

Where you teach at Matt ? I always wanted to learn to snowboard !

mattonne said...

Snow Starr in Andalusia, Its not Aspen but its close to home, my kiddos dig it so its all good