Monday, January 28, 2008

Sweet Sunday Fun!

During a hike up frozen Flint Creek, Missus Brakeville made the remark, "I'm surprized you don't ride your bike on here". DING what a great idea! So Sunday morning we started our ride at hwy 99.
The conditions were PERFECT for riding without needing studs, 8 inches of ice with a little skiff of snow for traction.
There were a few close calls as I endo'd in some thin stuff, and Katherine hit the deck on a patch of glare ice, but we didn't drown
Smooth sailing
No hills
Peace YO!
Watch out for the clear stuff.
Flint bottom bridge, it was melting pretty fast now, had to hug the bank here.
I finally got my feet wet around Beaverdale and had to turn around here, I think all the salt on the roads had washed into this section cause it was UNSAFE for travel. But a good three hour workout in NICE weather.

No comments: