Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Almost ready...

Had to re-think what I was wearing for the really REALLY cold stuff coming for this weekends "race". So last night it was 20 miles, temp. at 14 degrees, northwest wind at 15 to 20 mph, a good night to test a different approach. I think this is the combo, but my snowboarding mittens and pants were almost TOO warm, I gotta remember to PACE it, I'm not gonna win, but I am gonna FINISH. I need some chemical warmers and a hydration system that stays in LIQUID form and that should do it...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin serious! What's the goals and plans for your 'o8?

mattonne said...

To be skinny and in charge again! actually, I'd like to make it through the year without adding another injured body part...Are you in uniform Deputy Midz, or covert undercover????

Neve_r_est said...

Hmm...3-8 hours at -3 to -11 degrees. Sweet.

The other day when I did my 10 miler in snowboard gear at -10 degrees I totally cooked, even at low effort.

If you put your hydration pack just on top of your base layer and under the rest, and be sure to blow the liquids back when you finish drinking that will help. Sometimes I still have to thaw the bite valve a little, but otherwise it seems to work. And for some reason Hammer Gel seems to be immune to cold, doesn't freeze.

DG

Tater said...

your gonna die

Neve_r_est said...

Not till TranIA, Tater.

DG

mattonne said...

As long as my corpse in not violated I'm OK with that...sorta

Tater said...

the end is near,
love tater

Anonymous said...

That sounded like fun!
Still planning on hitting B-town someday.
Billy