Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Heavy stuff

I'm starting to hate the news, more so now than ever. Rather than go into a long rant about the crap that passes as important "need to know" news items, I thought I'd let TOOL sum up my feelings about it. Watch about 15 minutes of CNN and this song makes complete sense. Vicarious (10000 days- TOOL) eye on the TV 'cause tragedy thrills me. Whatever flavour it happens to be like; Killed by the husband, drowned by the ocean, shot by his own son, she used the poison in his tea and kissed him goodbye. thats my kinda story. Its no fun 'til someone dies. Don't look at me like I am a monster. Frown out your one face but with the other. Stare like a junkie into the TV. Stare like a zombie. While the mother holds her child' watches him die. Hands to the sky crying why oh why? 'Cause I need to watch things die ...from a distance Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies. You all need it too, don't lie. Why can't we just admit it? We won't give pause until blood is flowing. Neither the brave nor bold, writers of stories sold. We won't give pause until blood is flowing. I need to watch things die. ...from a good safe distance. Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies. You all feel the same so why don't you just admit it? Blood like rain come down Drawn on grave and ground. Part vampire, part warrior. Carnivore and voyeur. Stare at the transmittal. Sing to the death rattle. Credulous at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men. Pull your head on out, your head believes it give a listen. Shouldn't have to say it all again. The universe is hostile, so impersonal. Devour to survive, so it is. So its always been. we all feed on tragedy, its like blood to a vampire. Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies. Much better you than I.

3 comments:

Mike Howard said...

I have satilite Radio in my big truck at work and can listen to every type of spin on the news that you can think of ! One story can be spun to make the left look good and right bad ! Same story just the opposite ! Makes you sick what the politicans will do to stay or get in power ....I have to turn off the talk and crank up the Metal !

mattonne said...

I just get tired of hearing about anna,oj,death, et al...

Midz said...

Agreed! There is some good stuff goin' on in the world if people would just open there narrow views up a bit.