Monday, February 26, 2007

Ice Storm...Film at 11:00

Its nice to be back in the age of electricity again, funny that no matter how long the power is out you STILL hit the light switch out of reflex. THANK GOD I bought a camping coffee perculator this summer. I gotta have my JAVA!! Its depressing that almost every tree in our neighborhood is jacked up. I went for a walk during the storm, between the ice and the wind the sound of the trees snapping under the stress was spooky, when MOTHER NATURE is in control you get a sense of how powerless people really are. Theres also still thousands without power so I'm considering myself lucky. Stay warm everybody!!! Heres what we grabbed at Hy-Vee before they closed the doors! OOOH we're survivalists! (we already had the cat, Missus Brakeville rescued this animal during a training ride, he is aptly named; "Roadie") Having lots of camping gear is a plus, mac-n-cheese, tuna, peas, by lamplight. by the way, its now 50 degrees inside...and falling. Almost every tree in Burlington is FUBAR, Dehns is no exception, after my home was warmed up I did a little trail maintenance. A whole lot more in the next few days..

4 comments:

mtb05girl said...

Hopefully I'll be able to get out and help with the trails. I'm getting bored sitting around in the dark haha.

mattonne said...

bring a BIG chain saw :)

Unknown said...

nutt'en like camping in your house>

Peace

Pete Basso said...

Hope all is well down there Matty, Looks like it could've been fun even!! Just for a few days then I need to come back to reality!! My camping days are limited, burned myself out in college on camping!