Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekends We Like

Its been awhile since I've had as busy a weekend as this. If you are interested in "indoor" racing at all you need to go HERE. 8 Up racing on a computer controlled trainer, your own bike, the big screen in front of you displays your position, speed, average speed, distance from the lead, and power in watts. What a blast! The computer even has "drafting" programmed in that you can feel at the pedals, it does NOT however, let you coast on the downhills. SAWEET! Donnie has an excellent place set-up, and roller racing here will be THE best spot on the calender. Clean changing rooms and a hot shower after. I may never race outside again! I will say that I have NEVER pushed myself that hard on a trainer before, I've always had a high heart rate but DAMN, during this race it never dropped below 195 bpm's. WOW! After I got back from the Quads, I drove the Family BACK to Andulusia for a evening of Snowboarding and Skiing. I don't quite have my 360 down yet and my right shoulder is still hurting this morning. I did find out that 8 days in Alaska Heli-skiing with the CHUGACH POWDER GUIDES only costs $6,500!!!! I'll be taking donations for that trip, Why do I watch WARREN MILLER movies????? Cause I like EM! Now its gonna get warm and sloppy, rode in the woods sunday and I think that was even tougher than saturdays racing, We need MORE cold so they can make MORE fake snow!!!

No comments: