Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Comfortably Numb...

I almost forgot to include a product test result from the first race of the season, Up to now I could be counted on to put the bike down at least once during any given race, and I wear the scars from most of these "soil samples" to this day. I always thought that if I didn't wreck out at least once, i wasn't riding hard enough. At some point during a race my hands would go numb enough that I couldn't tell if I had triggered a shift or even if my fingers were on the brakes, so its NO WONDER that being tired, and having hands of "stone", resulted in SO many trips off the trail or "bark Burners" over the years. Enter ERGON grips,(sometimes I think products get great reviews cause somebody is trying to justify spending big bucks on them) These things were worth every penny of the 24.00 bucks plus shipping, NO NUMBING at all, BIG contact patch even helps during climbing. I didn't even notice how good these felt until afterwords. Verdict: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you suffer from a similar symptom. In other news I upgraded my USAC license to Expert AND cat 4, someday I hope to be good enough to actually get ACCUSED of sandbaggin...

4 comments:

Midz said...

I'm no XC racer like you, but those grips would be nice on my RIT bike. I had a nice ride today on it, but I kept thinking about how nice your grips would be for alt. hand placements.

mattonne said...

If your into "bar ends" they have some like that too...i learned my lesson at farmdale about playing barend Horseshoe with the foliage...RINGER!!!!

Midz said...

The only "bar ends" I ever had much use for was the Cane Creek ergos, which I like a lot actually. I wouldn't mind slapping something like those on there.

Pete Basso said...

Matt: You may have noticed the pair of these I had on my bike. I got them for the Ouachita and have decided to leave them on, however, I bought the RAV-X pair from Rassy's. they cost me a whopping $9.99. They've worked great so far, but my next pair will be the real ones. Have a good Easter